At the end of July the ACAV Committee asked members of the climbing community to assist us with influencing policy development by making a submission to the various strategies and plans currently open to community feedback here.
One of those plans was the Engage Victoria initiative by Parks Victoria to assist with shaping the next Grampians Landscape Management Plan.
Parks Victoria have now released dates for workshops in various locations across Victoria for members of the community to attend. The objective of the workshops is to collect input from the community and stakeholders to inform the Grampians Landscape Management Plan.
Workshop dates and times are:
- Halls Gap workshop, Thursday 5 September 2019, 6.30-8.30pm
- Laharum workshop, Tuesday 10 September 2019, 6.30-8.30pm
- North Melbourne workshop, Thursday 12 September 2019, 6.00-8.00pm
- Halls Gap drop-in, Tuesday 17 September 2019, 12.00-3.00pm
- Dunkeld workshop, Tuesday 17 September 2019, 6.30-8.30pm
- North Melbourne workshop, Thursday 19 September 2019, 6.00-8.00pm
The ACAV Committee encourages all members of the climbing community to sign up to a workshop to ensure that climbing is embedded in the future planning of the Grampians National Park/Gariwerd. This is a critical strategy that climbers should take the time to provide input.
Please note that places for each workshop are limited. RSVP now to reserve your spot and opportunity to have a say in the future of climbing. Please share this communication to ensure that climbers are well represented at each workshop so that rock climbing in the Grampians National Park/Gariwerd is protected for future generations of users.